C++ Software Engineer
Tensor Technologies is looking for an experienced C++ Software Engineer to join our growing team. We are a young and successful proprietary trading firm in the heart of Switzerland. We build next-generation trading strategies and systems using applied machine learning techniques and cutting-edge technology. Leveraging our fully automated setup, we trade different financial assets on various electronic exchanges around the world.
As a C++ Software Engineer, you‘ll be joining and shaping the future of our core engineering team. You will design, code, test, and optimize our proprietary, low-latency trading system. You will develop a deep understanding of trading and exchanges, and will be able to have a direct impact on our trading strategies by collaborating with our traders and quantitative analysts.
You’re not attached to tools and technologies, but you focus on solving problems, bring clarity to complexity, and demonstrate smart ways to simplify our trading ecosystem. The right candidate for this role will be comfortable working autonomously, making decisions, and working in a fast-paced, flat team structure.
Your main responsibilities:
- Develop a highly competitive, ultra-low-latency trading platform consisting of market data delivery and order submission subsystems
- Bring new trading ideas and approaches to life, while working very closely with researchers and traders and making sure that the trading code fulfills high production standards
- Improve the system performance by optimizing network access, hardware utilization, and programming execution
- Stay on top of changes in exchange protocols
- You have a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or a related field
- You have excellent programming skills using C++ in a Linux (or Unix-like) environment
- You possess the ability and desire to write simple, well-structured and clean code that is easy to maintain
- You have in-depth knowledge of low-level network and system programming and have ideally experience in developing low-latency systems
- You have a solid grasp of computer science, algorithms, memory-, and concurrency models, CPU-architecture, operating systems, networks, relational databases, performance optimization, etc.
- Experience in statistics / large-scale data processing systems/machine learning and/or grid-based computing is a big plus
finance background is necessary or expected. This is a great opportunity for
the right candidate to kick start a career in the financial technology space.
What we offer:
- You get the unique opportunity to join a team small enough so that the individual contribution crucially matters yet big enough to compete for the best talent globally
- You will be a key stakeholder in evolving our business
- You will be able to partner with a very international team of experienced professionals in a dynamic environment that encourages continuous learning
- You will be able to grow fast and take on more responsibility while further developing your skills
- We are committed to applying the newest technology in all areas to stay ahead of our competition
- We work in an extremely fast-paced environment where we all rely on quick and honest feedback
- Attractive office locations in both Zug and Zurich
We look forward to getting to know you!