Machine Learning Engineer
Tensor Technologies is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Machine Learning Engineer with 5+ years of commercial experience leveraging large datasets. Tensor Technologies’ research and trading are driven by big data, and the resulting algorithms are run on high-performance hardware using software that is developed in-house.
The ideal candidate for this role has a verifiable track record in developing Machine Learning solutions that have delivered significant business impact. This presents a very good opportunity for an individual at the middle stages of their career in or out of finance to participate in very important projects in a fast-paced environment.
Your main responsibilities:
- Develop and improve Machine Learning pipelines with the goal to optimize the trading strategies
- Develop software and tools around the Machine Learning pipelines to make the trading strategy generation as efficient as possible
- Research and prototype state-of-the-art Machine Learning models with the focus on optimizing profitability of the trading strategies
- Assess quality controls around different approaches as well as suggesting new approaches in research
- Design processing pipelines for terabytes of price data
- 5+ years of commercial development of Machine Learning frameworks and large-data processing systems in the technology or finance industry
- Ph.D. degree or a Master’s degree with relevant experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or a related field
- Excellent programming skills in Python and Scala
- In-depth experience with Spark (more than black-box usage)
- Excellent skills in quantitative analysis, programming, and statistical modeling
- Track record of gathering, matching, and processing large data sets from varied sources and of different characteristics
- Experience in financial markets or exposure to trading is an advantage
What we offer:
- We apply the newest technologies and strategies in order to gain advantage over our competitors.
- We rely on quick feedback loops and we release early and often to profit from incremental benefits as they are developed
- You will be able to challenge your coding and research skills and grow constantly while collaborating with like-minded experts in a dynamic environment that encourages continuous learning.
- Attractive office locations in the center of Switzerland in Zug and Zurich.
- The opportunity to join a team that has achieved considerable success in a relatively short amount of time and is now growing the business.
- A compensation and bonus scheme that’s unprecedented in the industry.