Senior FPGA engineer
Tensor Technologies is looking for an FPGA Engineer to join our growing team. We are a young and successful proprietary high frequency trading firm in the heart of Switzerland. We build next-generation algorithmic trading strategies and systems using applied machine learning techniques and cutting-edge technology. Leveraging our fully automated setup, we trade different financial assets on various electronic exchanges around the world.
We want to extend our hardware team with an experienced FPGA Engineer who is passionate about FPGA design and architecture, and translating latency critical problems into hardware solutions. In this role, you will design and implement hardware accelerated solutions for our ultra-low latency algorithmic trading systems.
You’re not attached to tools and technologies, but you focus on solving problems, bring clarity to complexity, and demonstrate smart ways to simplify our trading ecosystem. The right candidate for this role will be comfortable working autonomously, making decisions, and collaborating in a fast-paced, flat team structure.
Your main responsibilities:
- Architect and design solutions to accelerate key areas of our automated trading infrastructure including hardware selection and key functional blocks
- Implement solutions from the board to API and deploy to a production environment
- Interact with algorithmic trading software teams to capture and design solutions in hardware
- Participate in the whole process, from concept through to production, including hardware selection, RTL design, simulation, synthesis and testing
- You have a bachelor's or master‘s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field; a PhD is a big plus
- You have 5+ years of FPGA/ASIC design industry experience
- You have at least 2 years of experience with high frequency trading
- You are experienced in the following areas: Hardware Architecture, RTL Coding, Simulation and Verification, Hardware Validation and Testing, FPGA Synthesis and STA
- We require experience with SystemVerilog (preferred), Verilog or VHDL
- You are proficient in one or more programming/scripting languages, including Python, C++, TCL
- Existing knowledge of Ethernet and TCP/IP is strongly preferred
What we offer
- We apply the newest technologies and trading strategies in order to gain an advantage over our competitors.
- We rely on quick feedback loops, allowing us to release early and often to profit from incremental benefits as they are developed.
- You will be able to challenge your coding and research skills and grow constantly while collaborating with like-minded experts in a dynamic environment that encourages continuous learning.
- Attractive office locations in the center of Switzerland in Zug and Zurich
- An inspiring team that has achieved considerable success in a short amount of time with a fast growing business
- A compensation and bonus scheme that’s unprecedented in the industry
We look forward to getting to know you!