Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Tensor Technologies is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Senior Machine Learning Engineer with 10+ years of commercial experience leveraging large datasets. We are a young and successful proprietary high frequency trading firm in the heart of Switzerland. We build next-generation algorithmic trading strategies and systems using applied machine learning techniques and cutting-edge technology. Leveraging our fully automated setup, we trade different financial assets on various electronic exchanges around the world.
The ideal candidate for this role has a verifiable track record in developing Machine Learning solutions for algorithmic trading. This presents a unique opportunity for an experienced individual in or out of finance to collaborate on high impact projects in a fast-paced trading environment.
Your main responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and improve Machine Learning algorithms with the goal to continuously optimize our automated trading strategies
- Develop and implement software and tools around the machine learning pipelines to make the trading strategy selection as efficient as possible
- Assess quality controls around different approaches and suggest new and state of the art approaches in research
- Design processing pipelines for terabytes of price data
- 10+ years of commercial development of machine learning frameworks and large-data processing systems in the technology or finance industry
- PhD degree with relevant industry experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or a related field
- Experience with time series analysis and forecasting of asset prices
- Please note that relevant industry experience is a must. Candidates with a pure academic background will not be considered.
- Excellent programming skills in Python and ideally also in Scala
- In-depth industry experience with Spark (more than black box usage)
- Excellent skills in quantitative analysis, programming and statistical modeling
- Track record of gathering, processing and analyzing large data sets from various sources and of different characteristics
- Experience in financial markets or exposure to trading is a plus.
What we offer
- We apply the newest technologies and trading strategies in order to gain an advantage over our competitors.
- We rely on quick feedback loops, allowing us to release early and often to profit from incremental benefits as they are developed.
- You will be able to challenge your coding and research skills and grow constantly while collaborating with like-minded experts in a dynamic environment that encourages continuous learning.
- Attractive office locations in the center of Switzerland in Zug and Zurich
- An inspiring team that has achieved considerable success in a short amount of time with a fast growing trading business
- A compensation and bonus scheme that’s unprecedented in the industry
We look forward to getting to know you!